This home was built in 1920 and last sold on 3/19/2018 for $236,000. The building was likely constructed around 1840, and was perhaps most notably the location of J. Rumbolt’s blacksmith, carriage and wagon shop in the late 19th century. Click here to read the Nomination Form for this property. Dr. Robert S. Pratt purchased the building in 1941 and constructed his office on the east side of the house in 1942. Williamsville is a village in Erie County, New York, in the United States. Click here to read the Nomination Form for this property. It was built for Mrs. Esther Carpenter Hershey, widow of Benjamin Hershey who operated a milling business in the village beginning in 1831. There were 2,534 households, out of which 14.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 36.7% were married couples living together, 9.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 50.6% were non-families. The Eagle House was built by Oziah Smith in 1832. The Eagle House was built by Oziel Smith beginning in 1827, however the initial building was devastated by a fire while it was nearing completion. Join the fun and explore the history. In 1850, the village of Williamsville was one of the 500+ incorporated villages by New York State. The building was the Williamsville Post Office from 1935 to 1948 and a Liberty Bank branch office in the mid-20th century. The school educated children from all around until 1924. Make a Reservation for Lunch or Dinner Today! Receive emails and newsletters to keep in touch with I LOVE NY. Williamsville was ranked top district out of 97 public school districts in western NY, 2012. The house was then passed along to their daughter and son in law, Dr. Robert and Dorthy (Lapp) Evans. There is currently one vacancy within the commission. An excellent example of Colonial Revival with its symmetrical roof and row of dormers. As stated above, the big festival in Williamsville is Old Home Days and there also is the taste of Williamsville. In western New York, strict accordance to the PLSS was not required or followed, since the land was not federally owned, but had passed directly from the Seneca Indians to land speculators such as the Holland Land Company. The railroad ran from New York City through Northern New Jersey and Northeastern Pennsylvania into Western New York. Recently, the building has been extensively updated and restored. At its height, the school had nearly 300 students. - Jeffrey F. Voelkl, "Williamsville Water Mill, Valuable History Worth Saving." This building also is significant as an example of the commercial Italianate style on Main Street in Williamsville. Click here to read the Nomination Form for this property. Also known as the Lehigh Valley Depot, the tracks were first laid in 1896. Village Hall 5565 Main Street Williamsville, NY 14221 (716) 632-4120 In the early 20th century, this building also housed the telephone switchboard for Amherst’s 40 phones and was the Village Post Office. Click here to read the Nomination Form for this property. During this era, several enlargements were made to the property including a rear addition. Children of school age may attend public schools within the Williamsville Central School District, which is composed of six elementary schools, Country Parkway Elementary, Dodge Elementary, Forest Elementary, Heim Elementary, Maple East and Maple West Elementary (grades K–4); four middle schools including Casey Middle, Heim Middle, Mill Middle, Transit Middle (5–8); and three high schools, Williamsville East, North and South (9–12). Males had a median income of $43,500 versus $32,172 for females. The present-day Williamsville Water Mills, in continuous operation since 1811, is the last reminder of that era and is now a registered national landmark. A contract for design and development was granted to Grever and Ward, landscape architects, and Four Winds Nursery of Amherst. In 1813, when the British burned Buffalo, people fled to the safety of Williamsville and nearby Harris Hill. Click here to read the Nomination Form for this property. It is part of the Buffalo–Niagara Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area. It was known as the "Buffalo Road" and, later, "Main Street". An excellent example of a former Greek Revival house converted to commercial uses. Before it opened, it burned to the ground and had to be rebuilt. An excellent example of an early 20th century bank building. The offer was accepted and construction began. Click here to read the Nomination Form for this property. Join Beyond Ghosts as they host the FIRST EVER public ghost hunt of the haunted and historic Eagle House in Williamsville, NY! Stone for the bridge was quarried from the Miller Long Quarry on Orchard Street nearby. Peter and Paul Catholic Church from 1836 to 1840. The Williamsville Water Mill is the sole surviving structure of an extensive early industrial district that once existed in Williamsville. The population was 5,300 at the 2010 census. Open for your enjoyment seven days a week and many holidays during the year. An early name for Ellicott Creek was "Eleven Mile Creek". This mill eventually became known as the Dodge Mill, which was lost to fire in 1894. In 2010, government downsizing activist Kevin Gaughan campaigned to dissolve the village government. It still stands today, next to Glen Park, and is known as the Williamsville Water Mill. After a large fire that occurred in 1968 there was a prolonged community controversy between turning the ten acres into a commercial development of the historic site and those who saw the use of the land as a natural park. The population density was 4,206.3 people per square mile (1,721.4/km2). It stands today as a testament to the village’s faith in education. An example of a modest brick Greek Revival residential building that has retained much of its historic appearance despite being converted to commercial use. Click here to read the Nomination Form for this property. A fire destroyed the park in September 1968. The house appears to have been constructed ca.